Author Topic: Galaxytool to disregard universe name  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Tofuwur

• View Profile
Galaxytool to disregard universe name
« on: 10 February 2010, 02:09:06 »
At work I have to use a webproxy for ogame, as the usual site url is blocked. Ok, to explain my idea first of all the situation.

I am running galaxytools for a single universe and a single user (me).
(don't ask why ;))
I have two options to bypass the blocked ogame url. First a webproxy and secondly a local proxy which redirects the site to my browser (localhost:xxx URL then)

I've tried to change the universe name in attributes.php to localhost and also changed the galaxytoolbar options. But unfortunately this didn't work, im always getting a wrong universe warning back.

Is there any possibility to have the Galaxytool updating the database without checking of similar universe name in attributes.php? As said I'm playing only one universe and galaxytool on my server is only used by me.
Appreciate your help!

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxytool to disregard universe name
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2010, 11:54:59 »
You could comment out the lines for the universe check in the galaxyplugin.php (line 39 -41).

Offline Tofuwur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2010, 13:17:59 »
Works fine!
Many thanks for your help :)

Offline luky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2012, 11:50:51 »
At work I have to use a webproxy for ogame, as the usual site url is blocked. Ok, to explain my idea first of all the situation.

I am running galaxytools for a single universe and a single user (me).
(don't ask why ;))
I have two options to bypass the blocked ogame url. First a webproxy and secondly a local proxy which redirects the site to my browser (localhost:xxx URL then)

I've tried to change the universe name in attributes.php to localhost and also changed the galaxytoolbar options. But unfortunately this didn't work, im always getting a wrong universe warning back.

Is there any possibility to have the Galaxytool updating the database without checking of similar universe name in attributes.php? As said I'm playing only one universe and galaxytool on my server is only used by me.
Appreciate your help!

Same problem, more people are using GT to work and the company uses a proxy server, thereby GT does not work.

Any help is welcome,... we appreciate your help!
 Thanks for understanding.

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2012, 12:59:44 »
Well, what is sent as universe by the toolbar in this case? In fact you only have to set this value at attributes.php to make it work. Of course, the Galaxytool won't work when you then send from a normal internet connection (if the universe name differs then)...

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2012, 05:37:06 »
Why does the toolbar care about the universe name in the URL, if it can get it from the meta tag on the game page?

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2012, 14:50:54 »
mh, the url is not considered, but the <title> of the page. I guess, the proxy is doing something with the <title>, but Idk...

Offline luky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2012, 16:21:14 »
In the address bar is the following link:
http://127.0.0.1:80/game/index.php?page=messages&session=xxxxxxxxx

However, ... does not work and I gave up Galaxytool

Now use this script to memorize the planets players:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/54542

Anyway,... thank you for trying to help.

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2012, 05:45:32 »
mh, the url is not considered, but the <title> of the page.

Still, the toolbar really should use the meta tag on the page, if available.

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2012, 11:45:22 »
Yes, I think so too, but if I change this, *all* Galaxytools will stop suddenly  and say "Wrong universe". (I would like to send the whole content of the meta tag in the universe name, so we have a better universe check...)

That's I am still quite afraid of doing this. ;)

Offline robr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2012, 16:48:31 »
could you perhaps include an option within the next version of galaxytool to allow one to turn URL address parsing on/off rather than to have to edit the code? 
that way it would continue to work as it does today, but could be put into checking metadata only mode without someone having to edit the code?  just a thought as it affects me sometimes as well.