Author Topic: "user defined" types  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Barefoot

• View Profile
"user defined" types
« on: 28 January 2010, 18:28:54 »
so... I see I can flag the other traders according to "type" which most of use use (to a degree) such as noobie, enemy, friend (etc...) but... I wonder if (it seems to me) it would be useful to be able to assign our own "types" (or, at least, a subtype).

For example, there are many kinds of enemies (I would say you could even rate them according to your antipathy, e.g., 1-5, 1 being you are saving your money to hire someone to kill him/her, to 5 being... you just don't like him very much).

A more practical example would be- I find someone who I think would make a good farm, I would like to share that information with my alliance partners, but I would like to "claim" him as mine, e.g., suppose there are 5 planets in a sector and I would like to claim two of them, and my other partners would like to claim the others, and maybe we could "rate" the farms 1-5.

In other words... I would like to define the icons you use as I see fit.  Follow?

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
Re: "user defined" types
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2010, 06:19:12 »
Not exactly what you want, but you can attach "notes" to a player now. (Me, I'd prefer if the notes could be attached to a planet instead of to a player, but that's life...)

Offline Barefoot

• View Profile
Re: "user defined" types
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2010, 18:35:10 »
I would like to attach note fields to the planets but understanding what it would cost in database terms...

There are icons to me that (as they are being used) are not useful (NAP, WAR, ALLIED)...  or... as used as I would use them (or... they would be more useful if I could attach more information, even if it were a simple rating to the existing icon).

A tag with a number or alphanumberic information that I could assign.  Most (let's say 90 percent)- they are not significant in any way. But maybe I have a best buddy who is in an alliance  with who I am not friendly with, or maybe I am getting eprobed by someone every day but who has not invaded me (what I would call an unfriendly but not hostile).

As a user- I am suggesting it would be a (database) field I could define or use as I want.