Author Topic: Allow sorting and column filter in BD search  (Read 1727 times)

Offline raul338

• View Profile
Allow sorting and column filter in BD search
« on: 12 November 2012, 14:39:03 »
Hello. I'm new here. I'm spanish, so, sorry if my spelling is bad

I've seen searching reports, that i can sort by any column and there is a config button that allows me to hide/show more columns. However, this behavior is not present when i want to search planets/players/etc. It will be very nice if the two should work equals...

I think it shall be similar to implement it, cause the structure of the tables are similar. Just adding a jquery/js script should do it.

Thanks!

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
Re: Allow sorting and column filter in BD search
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2012, 05:18:32 »
I've had the same request but from what the author has told me, it isn't going to happen.

The two searches are very dissimilar. Note that the spy report search is limited to no more than 200 results - while the database search is not. If the result produces too many entries, the sorting would take forever.

Offline raul338

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2012, 03:47:02 »
If that so... then use pagination... or better... use another dynamic table system with server-side processing... Like DataTables

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2012, 05:06:54 »
The previous version of GT used pagination. It had its own set of problems - for instance, the sorting worked only for the current page.

I don't know how feasible the other option is - I mean, how it fits within the current framework used to develop GT.