Author Topic: Indicate full storages  (Read 3178 times)

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
Indicate full storages
« on: 27 January 2011, 06:32:35 »
When showing the espionage report for a planet, it would be nice if GT would indicate that some of the storages are full and production of the corresponding resource has stopped, by coloring the number of the corresponding resource in red, as the game does. (It might also be useful to do it when there is no mine producing the corresponding resource or when the energy is zero - something the game doesn't do.)

This is a useful thing to know when sending a plundering fleet. GT tells me how many ships are needed to plunder half of the available resources at the moment when the planet has been spied. But, in practice, some time would pass between the spying and the arrival of the plundering fleet - so usually there will be additional resources there. Therefore, I normally send a couple of additional cargoes. This isn't needed, when the production on the planet has stopped.

The fact that the production of some resources (or all of them) has stopped due to full storages and has remained so for quite some time also helps spotting players that rarely enter the game and/or are about to become inactive.

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Indicate full storages
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2011, 21:03:19 »
How about moons? In that case you will always see red colored resources.
Second question, how can I make it clear to the user, what exactly the red color might indicate - besides the wiki pages :-) ?

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2011, 06:02:48 »
How about moons? In that case you will always see red colored resources.

Yes, unless some type of resource is less than 10.000. Just like in the game. You could even use the yellowish color to indicate that a storage is 90% full, as the game does, although that information is not so important.

Second question, how can I make it clear to the user, what exactly the red color might indicate - besides the wiki pages :-) ?

Well, how do you explain now the meaning of the colors of the titles of the various sections of the report? Oh, wait, you don't. ;D But if the colors are the same as those in the game, the user will "get it" pretty quickly.

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2011, 22:29:18 »
Okay, now please combine this idea with your other idea: http://board.galaxytool.eu/index.php?topic=453.0 about the insufficient cargo capacity for the fleet on that planet.
I cannot make the resources red due to full storage but also green because the fleet is capable to lift them off :-)
We need another good place to indicate that liftoff is not possible with complete cargo. Maybe even show how many would be left over (I hope you don't want to search for this, so I can calculate this per report when they are displayed)

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2011, 06:28:13 »
You are right, this has to be done better.

Let's do the color-coding only indicate full storages, exactly as it is done in the game. (Yellowish for 90% full, dark red for 100% or more full.)

For the cargo capacity, let's indicate it with another text line. Add it only if the amount of resources exceeds the total cargo capacity of the stationed fleet, indicate this fact, and indicate how many resources (total, because you can't guess which kinds the victim will choose to lift) would be left over.

And, no, I don't want to search by that criterion. :)

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2011, 11:08:34 »
Just one thing came to my mind... what about moons where someone forgot to leave some deut on it but still has a fleet or resources there. They cannot be lifted too :-)
But in this case it would be the fleet that would be the victim, not the resources.

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 March 2011, 05:45:23 »
Indeed, it would make sense to mark those too. I didn't think about it, because I'm a miner and am interested mostly in saving the resources and finding inactive players than finding fleets that can be crashed.

Offline kenyard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2011, 22:39:34 »
can i also suggest that some way of finding all players who have capped resources be introduced also? so you can see your alliance mates probes of capped resources (planets only i guess)

so you can see inactive who have potentially high resources for raid and are unlikely to login

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2011, 20:45:00 »
I don't want to offer a search for this particular attribute but you can then use the extended report search to search within a specific range where you want to raid. And the resources there would have the colors as suggested earlier so that you can easily detect them in the table.

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2011, 23:13:33 »
I added this feature to the reports which are displayed in the popup at the report archive. The same functionality will then automatically the there once I redesigned the standard report search to use the same popup window and therefore have the same functions.
The report archive itself shows the same information now as well.

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 June 2011, 00:58:22 »
But still a little buggy. ;)

Nevertheless a sample.

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 June 2011, 08:37:57 »
To make buggy more precise:

When your have storage of level 0, the resources will not be red - except they are on a moon.

EDIT: Bug is no longer there. Please give feedback :-)
« Last Edit: 07 June 2011, 18:10:46 by eX0du5 »