Author Topic: BBCode for notes  (Read 1374 times)

Offline malocchio

• View Profile
BBCode for notes
« on: 26 January 2011, 12:35:30 »
Hi, I'm an Italian ogame player and I really enjoyed using GT for my personal use and for my alliance. I used to make some modifications to the code (on version 3.4.3) to improve GT experience, but i cannot retrieve all of them at the moment.

A feature I added was enabling use of BBCode inside notes, so they can be colourful and everything... It's very useful if you want to paste some converted combat report.

Editing the code was quite easy, I just had to include a PHP BBCode library and make it work when a note about a player was opened.
I think it would be a great idea to let the admin decide if BBCode will be enabled or not.

I used http://bbcparser.recgr.com at the time.

I also implemented some auto-linking for the chatboard, so that whan a user types in something like [1:2:3] it is changed into a link to the galaxyview page or to the spy report page... I will eventually open a new topic for this one.

malocchio

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BBCode for notes
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 16:15:34 »
Well, in fact Galaxytool is not open source, so code changes are usually prohibited.

Besides, we added the BBCode-functionality already in the current v4.7, which will be released soon (I hope :P )

See here for a changelog: (especially at r990): http://galaxytool-hosting.eu/galatool_beta/changelog.txt
« Last Edit: 26 January 2011, 16:18:41 by Omar Hawk »

Offline malocchio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 17:31:17 »
Happy to hear that :)

I see the development has run very fast in the last few months...

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 17:49:03 »
Yes, we are heavily working on some really nice things. :P