Author Topic: Search improvements  (Read 1864 times)

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
Search improvements
« on: 28 February 2012, 08:08:11 »
1) In Search in Database, it would be nice if I could specify the condition "espionage report exists" (or doesn't exist). This would help locate planets that match a certain condition which I find interesting (e.g., belong to an inactive player) but which I haven't spied yet.

2) In Search in Reports I practically never use the Fleets/Defenses/Buildings sections, because they search only for exact matches, which are rarely interesting. It would be better, if I could search for "</=/>" conditions of each element there. Like, you know, "show me all planets that have Metal Mine 20 or higher".

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Search improvements
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2012, 20:33:07 »
1)
in 5.0 you have the option "Report exist" with values: true, false, don't care (default)

2)
The search used always ">" for comparison but not exact matches for fleet, defense or buildings. Therefore your search request works quite well already.
But I added it as new feature today to allow >=, = or <= for fleet, defence, buildings and techs.

PS: check out the new search functionality in 5.0 :) Including the configuration of the search result display (columns).
« Last Edit: 28 February 2012, 22:11:50 by eX0du5 »

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 February 2012, 05:45:11 »
Ah, sorry, I seem to have lost the link to the 5.0 beta. What I have as "beta" is actually v4.9.2 R: 2051.

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2012, 12:41:02 »
replace _beta with _RD and use your login which you already have.

@ all others who read this: NO, I will not activate the user requests there :-)

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2012, 14:48:34 »
Thanks.

Wow, the project has advanced a lot since the last time I saw it. :) It still has a whole bunch of problems, though. I'll try to compile a list. Do you want me to post it here or somewhere else?

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2012, 20:59:23 »
For bugs please use bugs.galaxytool.eu
For general suggestions or features, please use the board.