Author Topic: Player status  (Read 1403 times)

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
Player status
« on: 11 February 2012, 05:59:50 »
Would be nice if GT could account for the new player status that was introduced in OGame 3.*.

The easiest thing to do is to record the 3 "emperor" and 3 "bandit" ranks, as well as the "outlaw" rank - because these are absolute. There is no much use for the "emperor" ranks yet - but there might be in the future. The "outlaw" rank nullifies the "noob" status, since such targets can be attacked. The "bandit" ranks let you loot 100% of their resources - and this should be reflected in the pop-up that says how many ships are needed to loot the resources on the planet on the "Search in Reports" results page.

The "honorable" targets represent a more difficult problem, since they are relative (depend on the place of the current user in the stats). Perhaps GT could compute them, if the military stats are available both for the player and for the target? It is important, because a raid against such targets can lift 75% of their resources - and this needs to be reflected in the pop-up mentioned above. After all, GT already shows the "noob" status and it too is relative (depends on the points of the current user and the points of the target).

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player status
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2012, 16:16:02 »
Yes, outlaw status is already inside 5.0.0.

But there is no need to store the bandit / emperor ranks, because those ranks can be calculated by the Galaxytool itself (by using the honour points and ranks). Same with the honorable targets, they can (and if implemented it must) also be computed by the Galaxytool itself.

I already talked about that with eX0du5 in IRC and I wonder, why those points are not in our accepted ideas thread. ;)

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Player status
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2012, 17:46:16 »
It is there  8)
At least the XML part was already shown at the accepted ideas post from you - which could be updated as most of the items are done.
I added the outlaw status also to the high priority list to have them at our search options, to display it at various UIs and to consider it at loot calculation (e.g. at spy reports).