Author Topic: Galaxytool 4.9/OGame 3.0.0  (Read 11412 times)

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Galaxytool 4.9/OGame 3.0.0
« on: 07 December 2011, 18:42:39 »
Yesterday, we updated the galaxytool-hosting to v4.9 in order to support the new highscores in OGame 3.0.0.

If you want to see the new Highscores, you need to change a setting at the Galaxytool-Hosting account. You can find instructions on how to change the setting here: http://en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/index.php/Galaxytool-Hosting#How_to_change_settings

Besides, please note, that the new OGame Version requires Galaxytoolbar v2.6.7 in order to submit the new stats. But also the Galaxyview will fail to be submitted with the AddOn v2.6.6: Therefore, you need to manually update the Firefox AddOn to v2.6.7 (until Mozilla reviewed the code): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/galaxytoolbar/versions/

Chrome users should have gotten this version already.

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
Re: Galaxytool 4.9/OGame 3.0.0
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2011, 05:37:08 »
If you want to see the new Highscores, you need to change a setting at the Galaxytool-Hosting account.

Is this setting incompatible with the older versions of OGame? I mean, if I am playing on a pre-3.0 server, will it hurt if I turn this setting on?

Offline GHA05241

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2011, 08:33:19 »
<solution>

http://en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/index.php/Installation

attributes.php
------------------------------------
$OGame_3_0   = true;
This option defines, whether your OGame server has v3.0.0 on it, or not.

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2011, 13:33:56 »
If you want to see the new Highscores, you need to change a setting at the Galaxytool-Hosting account.

Is this setting incompatible with the older versions of OGame? I mean, if I am playing on a pre-3.0 server, will it hurt if I turn this setting on?

well, if you turn it on, only the new stats are shown inside the Galaxytool (and they are mostly empty when your OGame server has still 2.3.x). But it won't hurt at saving stats via AddOn.

Btw. we will turn that setting on for all hosted tools, as soon as all OGame universes have 3.0.0 on it.

<solution>

http://en.wiki.galaxytool.eu/index.php/Installation

attributes.php
$OGame_3_0   = true;
This option defines, whether your OGame server has v3.0.0 on it, or not.

This is just for the self-hosted Tools. ;)
« Last Edit: 08 December 2011, 13:36:18 by Omar Hawk »

Offline bontchev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2011, 20:13:44 »
ogame.org is now running version 3.0.0. When I check the checkbox "OGame version 3.x" for my GT (hosted at www.galaxytool-hosting.eu), I get the message "New settings will be applied in a few minutes. Please reset the tool data in your admin settings!". Does that really mean that I have to reset the tool and lose all the data saved in the database?!

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 December 2011, 21:00:47 »
No. You don't have to. This should only be done, when using the tool for another universe.

Offline eX0du5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2011, 21:13:03 »
I changed it in a way that this "reset" sentence is only shown if you switched your universe name.

Offline Omar Hawk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2011, 20:49:00 »
Ok, I just updated all L10n threads of all languages (Galaxytool/Toolbar) to allow to translate the new phrases for 4.9 / 2.6.x in fact only phrases for the new stats.